Saturday, August 22, 2009

Thinking of Catmon and Catmonanons!

Just can not believe how long it has been since I last posted. Have written a lot but not posted them.

To get the idea of having this blog, the reader will need to read older posts - have tried to clean up the blog but am not done yet.

The purpose of the blog is to introduce folks to my beloved birthtown and hometown: Catmon,Cebu.

I have come very far in time and place, have lived in may places - towns, cities and countries and visited countless more places giving me a complex life and a multifaceted perspective.

Just the same, the thought of being a Catmonanon keeps me grounded. Although I have no plans to live there again, Catmon and the people continue to live in my heart as my family, friends and students will tell you.

I know that most of you who are "connected" worldwide are a couple of generations behind me. I hope that the stories I share will encourage you to connect with the older generation to help keep you grounded.

Perhaps you can start an ongoing dialogue with your Lolas and Titas and Tias. No offense to the men but my experience have shown me that the ladies seem to keep the memories and stories closer to the heart than men do.

I learned a lot from mostly women - the Lolas - Lola Bette, Lola Milyang, Lola Vidad, Lola Sayong, Lola Ilyang, Lola Conching, Lola Ibing, Lola Sana, Lola Ciana, Uray Tilde, Lola Piyang, Nanang Ipay, Lola Mere, Lola Espec Ceniza, Tia Ason Estenzo, Tita Uping Menchavez, Nana Pising Roldan, Mana Pilar Nuneza, Mana Titang Pontillas, Mana Paz Rojas, Mommy Flor Iway and countless others who were generous enough to "mother me" including the mothers of school friends when I was growing up.

A lot of Catmonanons have helped shape who I am today - for that I am forever grateful!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Hey,

I'm just browsing sites for the kids of Haiti.

I'm here for a non-profit group that spends their time to
creating an oppurunity for the kids in haiti. If anybody wants to donate then then please do so here:

[url=http://universallearningcentre.org]Donate to Haiti[/url] or Help Haiti

They provide children in Haiti books and teach them.

And yes, they are legitimate.

I greatly appreciate anyone's help

Anonymous said...

hi all

I figured it would be a good idea to introduce myself to everyone!

Can't wait to get to know you all better!

-Marshall

Thanks again!